Joanne Loves: Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF15
Two of my friends wouldn’t stop praising the Veil Mineral Primer by Hourglass and how amazing it is. So, once I was done with my old primer, I made sure to rush down to Sephora and grab myself a bottle of this seemingly amazing primer. After first use, I was already impressed and probably will never change to another one.
Here’s why I love it:
- Love how the texture is silky smooth, lightweight and sits on my skin well, even after I’ve put my foundation on.
- It helps with keeping my makeup intact all day and controls the shine on my face (especially t-zone area).
- Highly recommended to combination/oily skin.
The price for Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer is definitely on the steep end (RM259), but it’s really worth every cent considering how long the bottle will last. Remember, a little goes a long way.
Product is available in Sephora.
Qing Loves: Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge
- Blends out evenly without absorbing too much product
- Versatile – can blend both large and precise areas
- Can be used damp for a fresh and dew look or dry for a matte finish
- Easy to clean and maintain
The Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge can be purchased online.
Jiar Loves: Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF25
Up until very recently, I never about the need to wear SPF on my lips. I know, I’m clueless! Anyway, when I heard this, I wasted no time and quickly began my research. After reading countless listicles that suggested plenty, I decided to try the Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm. I can’t tell if it’s protecting my lips from the sun but here’s why I love it:
- Its thick but non-sticky consistency. A little goes a long way with this tube!
- The product holds its own. I don’t have to reapply very often, even after I’ve eaten!
- The scent is glorious, I chose the black tea & raspberry.
As I learn more about the importance of protecting our skin from sun damage, I find myself investing in more products with SPF. The lip skin is so delicate that we should not forget to protect it as well.
Shop for this at Lazada
Emma Loves: Glossier Invisible Shield Daily Sunscreen+ SPF35
Y’all, I’m a firm believer in spreading word about skincare that works and one that I need to preach about this month is the phenomenal everyday sunscreen by Glossier. Believe the hype because Glossier is about to get you excited over wearing sunscreen. It’s a little hard to believe this considering SPF has a very greasy feel and has a ridiculous white tint that doesn’t agree with women of colour like me. Here’s why you should immediately throw out your old sunscreen and replace it with Glossier’s winner of a product:
- It’s not white! Its gel-like form is completely clear, making it suitable for EVERY SINGLE SKIN TONE out there. This alone is already why Glossier is winning.
- It absorbs extremely quick, which is a convenient factor for those looking to apply makeup right after.
- It’s not greasy at all but if you have oily skin, I suggest patting some powder on after. Perhaps the Wowder?
- There is a fresh smell to this sunscreen. If you’re not into scented products, this may not be your cup of tea but trust me, the citrus aroma is only light and not overpowering in the slightest
- The packaging is light and super cute!
- Its got all the good stuff like aloe leaf extracts, Vitamin E, Vitamin P and brocolli to keep your skin protected from pollution and free radicals.
- Its broad spectrum SPF 35 shields your skin from harmful UVA/UVB rays
It’s a little pricey thanks to the ridiculous exchange rates at the moment but it’s really worth your hard-earned money. Especially if taking care of your skin is priority.