We’ve all heard about essential oils and the effects each drop has on our physical and emotional well-being, and one of the biggest brands out there is none other than Utah-based Young Living. So, when it was discovered they were releasing Savvy Minerals – a line of beauty products that are totally chemical-fre, made of superior and natural ingredients, we were elated.
In the range you’ll find essentials like eyeshadow, eyeliner, bronzer, blush, transluscent powder (which we cannot get enough of) and of course, foundation. Also included is an attractive selection of sheer lipsticks, finishing spray and many more.
We were extremely fortunate to have had the opportunity to try some of the products and here’s what we think:
- Foundation – We love this stuff because of how light and buildable it is. It’s very suitable for all skin types (believe us, we tried) and perfectr for every day use. The foundation itself has kaolin clay, which helps suck any unwanted moisture. It also managed to stay on for more than 8 hours and that’s of course a major plus.
- Veil – We initially thought this was a makeup setting powder, which it can be if you use sparringly, but we prefer it as a highlighter because of how subtle it is! Veil gives you the right amount of glow without making you look as if you’re sweating.
- Lip gloss – What’s not to love? Sheer natural looking colour that moisturizes the lips with no toxic chemicals, this lip gloss range is a win.
- Multitasker – The name speaks for itself. There are so many uses for this product. We used it as eyeshadow and bronzer. Extremely buildable, which makes it perfect for daytime and evening use and it’s also richly pigmented.
- Misting Spray – Made with pure essential oils, the misting spray is also another versatile product from the range. It can be used with the foundation to achieve a more full-coverage look or used as a makeup setting spray! We also recommend spritzing this throughout the day to feel invigorated.
For more info on Savvy Minerals by Young Living, check out their website.